Registrations for the L-TAP courses are now open. Registrations will close on 1st February, 2019 and classes will commence from 28th JANUARY, 2019. Please check out the venues for the various courses in the Time-table. Please address any queries or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and not to DOST or CCW.
Students, especially freshers, having NSO and other such extra-curricular mandated commitments are requested to choose only those courses that do not clash with the mandated commitments. L-TAP courses priority comes only after mandated commitments. Please be assured that there will be enough opportunity for you to pursue these in later semesters.
- 1) Who is eligible to attend the leisure TAP courses?
A) Any and every student of IIT Madras.
- 2) How many courses can I choose in a semester?
A) You can opt for a maximum of 2 courses in a semester.
- 3) Will I be given my first choice compulsorily?
A) Other things remaining constant, the first choices of the people who will be leaving the institute the earliest will be given first priority. This may leave out some other people from the course. However, it will be ensured that the first priority will be best ensured by increasing the strength of the class or by opening up another sessions of the same course subject to acceptance and availability of the course.
- 4) What will be fees for the courses? Will there be any refunds?
A) The fees for each course will be as per the schedule mentioned in the ikollege portal. The maximum fee for any single course will be Rs. 1000/-except Violin(Rs.1300/-). This will be collected from the ikollege portal at the time of your exercising choice. There will be no refund of any fees. Please go through the Course details in ikollege portal before exercising your choice.
- 5) How will the attendance be recorded?
A) The attendance will be taken by the Course Instructor. Please ensure that you have requisite satisfactory attendance of 80% to be eligible for a certificate. Please note that the objective of Leisure-TAP is to ensure that you pick up and hone newer skills. Towards this aim and your best interest, you are requested to ensure that you attend all the classes. The time-table has been set so that if anyone wants to avoid classes in the vicinity of periodicals and quizzes can do so and continue from the next class.
- 6) What is the timetable and venue for these courses?
A) Please refer this link: http://www.iitmstact.org/ltap_timetable.html
- 7) Can I request for a new course?
A) Yes, you can do it by filling up the following form: Suggest Course
- Make the request mentioning an outline of what you expect from the course. Please suggest the Course Instructor for the course too along with his/her relevant experience.
- 8) Can I drop the course midway? Will it be refunded?
A) Enrolling for a course under Leisure-TAP is a purely voluntary act on the part of the student. There shall be no refund.
- 9) Will I get a certificate for attending the course?
A) Yes. You will receive a certificate acknowledging satisfactory completion of the course.